Friday, May 21, 2010

Man, I love my kid

Two things in the last week make me think that I am doing good by the kid.

1) upon hearing about the CNN study on children and race, I found the picture (actually, I paused the vid on my computer) used and asked her some of the questions. She looked at me like I sprouted a second head. "Mommy, they are ALL pretty!" "MOMMY!! It is MEAN to say any of then are ugly!" (she then threatened to spank my butt)

2) I explained to her that we have laws that say a store owner can't throw a person out of their store because they are black, or hispanic, or whatever else. Then, I told her that someone thinks we should not have those laws.

Her response? Mommy! That is EVIL!!

(I used store and race for simplicity...she IS seven and has the attention span of a humming bird on speed)

No comments:

Post a Comment